TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Personal Information: This policy covers the following personal information that Hush Hush collects through your use of the Hush Hush Web sites and in connection with off-line communications. Specifically, Hush Hush may collect this information from offline and online registrations and forms, communications and interactions, and sales inquiries and transactions. Hush Hush also may use third party sources, such as opt-in lists, as specified in Section 4 below.
Contact information, such as name, physical address, telephone number(s), email address, and company. The majority of the information collected under this category is “contact us” information and when this information is collected in forms on our web site, it is collected and/or transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Transactional information, including information about the products and services you purchase or download or about which you make an inquiry. User preferences, such as product requirements, areas of industry interest, newsletters, community choices and other information you select in the customer profile when registering on Hush Hush.com or indicated by your use of the Hush Hush Web sites. Financial/credit card and payment information currently is not collected. It becomes a property of PayPal Event and conference participation information, such as lectures, classes or booths attended or visited during an event or conference hosted or attended by Hush Hush. If we use electronic tracking technologies at an event, we will provide notice in the event registration materials and/or correspondence.
We may supplement information you provide with information received from third parties.
- Flash Cookies: We also use flash cookies, also known as "local shared objects," on our sites that employ Flash technology. Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies and are used to remember the site's settings to personalize the look and feel of the site. Like normal cookies, Flash cookies are represented as small files on your computer. One method of preventing Flash cookies from being placed is to adjust your preferences in the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel at macromedia.com.
- Embedded URLs: Hush Hush also uses a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs to allow use of the site without cookies. Embedded URLs allow limited information to follow you as you navigate the site, but is not associated with personal information and is not used beyond the session.
- Embedded Pixels: On the Web site, Hush Hush may use embedded pixel technologies on selected pages for the purposes of identifying unique user visits to the Hush Hush.com Web sites as opposed to aggregate hits. In addition, embedded pixels or other technologies may be used in emails to provide information on when the email was opened to track marketing campaign responsiveness; information collected using these technologies may be associated with the recipient's email address.
- Third Party Cookies: Hush Hush has engaged one or more third party service providers to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from visitors to the Web site. The service provider(s) set cookies on behalf of Hush Hush. Hush Hush also uses other third party cookies to track the performance of Hush Hush advertisements on their Web sites.
- Hush Hush may re-associate the information provided by the technologies directly above with personal information.
USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Hush Hush uses (and, where specified, shares) your personal information for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions. Hush Hush may use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company to engage in transactions with you, including contacting you about your order.
- To process transactions. Hush Hush may use financial/credit card and payment information to process your order. Hush Hush may need to share some of this information with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other third parties to complete the transaction.
- To provide support or other services. Hush Hush may use your personal information to provide you support or other services you have ordered, as well as product updates, product patches and fixes and other similar communications.
- To post Testimonials. We post testimonials on our web site which may contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, we obtain the customer's consent to post their name along with their testimonial.
- To select content, improve quality and facilitate use of the Web Sites. Hush Hush may use your personal information, including the information gathered as a result of site navigation and electronic protocols and cookies (including third party cookies), to help create and personalize Web site content, facilitate your use of the Web sites (for example, to facilitate navigation and the login process, avoid duplicate data entry, enhance security, keep track of shopping cart additions and preserve order information between sessions), improve Web site quality, track marketing campaign responsiveness, and evaluate page response rates.
- To provide various Hush Hush communities, such as partners, with relevant product alerts and updates. If you sign up for an Hush Hush community, Hush Hush also will provide you information in which you have expressed an interest related to new product releases, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns.
- To power joint sales or product promotions. Hush Hush and its partners may engage in joint sales or product promotions. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both Hush Hush and the partner(s) will have access to that information, and either Hush Hush or our partners may provide you the sales or product promotion information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of these partners to address your particular needs and concerns.
- To contact a referral/"tell a friend". If you elect to use our referral service to inform a friend about our site, we will ask you for the friend's name and email address. Hush Hush will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Hush Hush uses this personal information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact Hush Hush through our inquiry form to be removed from the referral program.
- To communicate with you about a conference or event. We or our partners may communicate with you about a conference or event hosted or co-sponsored by Hush Hush or one of our partners. This may include information about the event's content, event logistics, payment, updates, and any additional meetings, special demonstrations or other customer facilitation that we may provide related to an event for which you have registered. Hush Hush may contact you after the event about the event and related products and services and may share information about your attendance with your company. Hush Hush also will permit designated partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications through the services of a third-party bonded warehouse. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request your personal information at their conference booths or presentations; providing your information is optional, and you should review their privacy policies to address your particular needs and concerns.
- To comply with legal requirements. Hush Hush may be required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. Hush Hush will use reasonable efforts to limit the personal information it provides for these purposes.
Please note that your personal information may be transferred, accessed and stored globally as necessary for the uses stated above in accordance with this policy. While Hush Hush may share your personal information with agents and contractors in order to perform the functions listed above, including credit card clearing services, order fulfillment, and event, campaign and web site management, we require that they treat your personal information, and limit its use, in accordance with the standards specified in this policy.
We reserve the right to update this policy from time to time and we will notify you if such a change occurs.
We appreciate your comments on Hush Hush's privacy practices: please contact us through the “Contact Us” inquiry form.