Our contest will be up by Monday, April 7th!
Hush Hush Webinar Competition
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The HushHush Webinar Competition (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage eligible participants (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to use their knowledge gained from the April 4, 2014 HushHush Webinar Event (“Webinar”) to correctly answer quiz questions asked after the Webinar related to the Webinar’s content, as described in further detail below. Subject to the terms and conditions below, a judge will choose the winning entry and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Rules”).
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and HushHush with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, for example, a “green card”); and (b) be at least 18 years of age as of the beginning of the Contest Period, as that period is defined in Paragraph 4. Contest is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the U.S., and where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of HushHush, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest. Winners of any previous contests sponsored by HushHush are eligible to enter but are not eligible to receive the any prizes in this Contest.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by HushHush (“HushHush” or “Sponsor”), a Nevada corporation with principal place of business at 848 N. Rainbow Blvd., Suite 2890, Las Vegas, Nevada 89107, USA.
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on April 7th, 2014, 12:00pm Pacific Time (PT) Zone in the United States and ends on May 7th, 2014, 11:59pm Pacific Time (PT) Zone (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ODDS OF WINNING APPROXIMATELY ONE (1) OUT OF ONE HUNDRED (100). To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website located at http://mask-me.net/contest.aspx (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions that appear on the official entry form (“Entry Form”) for: (a) submitting a response to the quiz questions asked after the Webinar (“Response”); and (b) completing all information on the Entry Form before submitting. The Response must meet the “Response Requirements,” described below. Once the Entry Form is fully completed, it should be signed by the Entrant and emailed to email@example.com. Illegible entries, incorrectly submitted entries, entries received without a completed Entry Form, and entries received without a valid affirmation that Entrant has read and understood these Rule will be disqualified. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by HushHush); (ii) received during the Contest Period; and (iii) in English. Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. HushHush accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
6. RESPONSE REQUIREMENTS. The Response must meet the following criteria (“Response Requirements”): (a) It must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest. (b) It must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the Response and supporting statements are created. (c) It must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. (d) It must be an original, unpublished work that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity. (e) It cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights. (f) It must not be the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim. (g) The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party. (h) The Response is two-dimensional and scannable. (i) The Response fulfils the Contest theme. The Contest “theme” is: Respond to the questions asked after the Webinar related to the Webinar. The Webinar will be made available on request and/or on the Sponsor’s website for the duration of the Contest Period. (j) Entries must be 300 words or less, and submitted in Word or PDF format. During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judge(s) (defined below) will be evaluating the Responses to ensure that they meet the Response Requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits a Response that does not meet the Response Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
7. JUDGING: All evaluation and scoring will be done by a “Judge”, who is a corporate officer of HushHush. Each Response will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”: (i) merit – correctness of the Response; (ii) adherence to the Response Requirements and these Rules. HushHush may hire a third-party administrator to help manage submissions. At times during the Contest, HushHush or a third-party administrator representative may contact an Entrant for customer service purposes. By entering, all participants agree to receive phone calls and emails from HushHush or any third-party administrator(s) hired by HushHush. Using the above Criteria, there will be multiple levels to the judging process, which are discussed below. There will be two (2) levels of judging that will result in finalists at each of the following levels: “Semifinal”, and “Final” as described in further detail below. Level One: Semifinal: At the Semifinal Level, Finalists will be selected to advance forward in the Contest. All eligible entrants who submitted correct Responses, at the judge’s discretion, will advance forward to the Final Level. ENTRANTS WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO ADVANCE FORWARD IN THE CONTEST AT THIS LEVEL. Level Two: Final: From among the eligible Finalists, one of the correct Responses will be selected via a random process as the single Winner. Notification of Winner: The Winner will be notified on or before May 21, 2014, 11:59pm Pacific Time (PT) Zone by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. Tie-breaker and other issues: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the judges will reevaluate the tied entries according to the Criteria until the tie is broken. Regardless of which level’s selection process resulted in a tie, the judges in charge of a tie-breaker are the judges identified for the Semifinal Level. If two or more entries under consideration were submitted at the same time, the judge will choose from among the qualifying entries using a random process. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then HushHush reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant. Notification of Finalists and Winners: Becoming a finalist is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential finalist or winner is disqualified for any reason, the entry that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential finalist or winner. The winner will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. If a potential finalist/winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential finalist/winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential finalist/winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential finalist/winner engages in a live conversation with Sponsor; or when a message is left on the potential finalist/winner’s voicemail service or answering machine by the Sponsor; or when Sponsor attempts to contact the potential finalist/winner by the telephone number provided but cannot connect, cannot leave a voicemail, or discovers it has reached an incorrect number; whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, each potential state finalist/winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential finalists/winners must return all such required documents via fax (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours and via U.S. Mail within seven (7) days following attempted notification or such potential finalist/winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential finalist/winner may be selected based on the judging Criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding.
8. PRIZES: The Winner will win a $25 gift card (retail value approximately $25.00). The Winner’s name and Response may be displayed on the mask-me.net home page in the United States and abroad, and may be available via a link from mask-me.net or one of its pages, at Sponsor’s discretion. The Finalists who did not become the Winner, and the entrants who did not become Finalists, will not receive any prizes. The time of the prize distribution will be provided to winners in the prize acceptance documents but will not be earlier than four (4) weeks from Sponsor’s receipt of prize acceptance documents from winners. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prizes is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and actual retail value will not be awarded. The prize(s) may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the prize(s) in compliance with any conditions imposed by such manufacturer(s), and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize(s), regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize(s), including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer's warranty that may apply to the prize or any components thereto. Any such manufacturer’s warrant is the responsibility of the manufacturer. Any prizes given by HushHush are given “as is.”
9. TAXES: AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO HUSHHUSH ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY HUSHHUSH TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES HUSHHUSH IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit tax documentation requested by HushHush or otherwise required by applicable law, to HushHush or a representative for HushHush or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winner and finalists are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and HushHush may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner or retain the prize without awarding it to any entrant.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. HushHush reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in HushHush’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, HushHush, or the Judges.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between HushHush and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the Response (excluding HushHush’s rights in the HushHush logo/trademark and any copyrighted material owned by HushHush). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants HushHush a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Response for any purpose, including display on the HushHush or other website(s), without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned.
12. PRIVACY: Entrants agree that personal data submitted with an entry, including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used by Sponsor and its affiliates for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to the transmission, processing, disclosing and storage of this personal data by Sponsor and its affiliates. Entrants have the right to access, review, rectify or cancel any personal data held by Sponsor in connection with the Contest by writing to HushHush at the following address: 848 N. Rainbow Blvd., Suite 2890, Las Vegas, Nevada 89107, USA. If an Entrant does not provide the data required at entry, that Entrant’s entry may be ineligible.
13. PUBLICITY. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by HushHush at HushHush’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness, including but not limited to photographs, by HushHush. HushHush has the right to demand, via email or telephone at Sponsor’s discretion, a photograph of any Entrant. Entrants who do not respond to a request for a photograph within three (3) days may be disqualified. HushHush will contact Entrants in advance of any HushHush-sponsored media request for interviews. The Response may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the Response. HushHush reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of any and all Entrants, including but not limited to the Finalists and the Winner, on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
14. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Response and that they have the right to submit the Response in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Response that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Response or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
15. ELIMINATION. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
16. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER. HushHush is not responsible for any malfunction of part of or the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entries or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s/consumer’s ability to participate/vote respectively. HushHush is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
17. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, HushHush reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. HushHush further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, HushHush reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
18. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of an entry into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either HushHush, or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their entries voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and HushHush or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission of an entry under these Rules.
19. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrants’ rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
20. ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and HushHush of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to arbitration conducted by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its rules then existing, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties, and the decision or award rendered in such arbitrations shall be binding on the parties. Each party shall bear its own costs and fees at Arbitration.
21. WINNER’S LIST: You may request a list of winners for 90 days after May 21, 2014, 11:59pm Pacific Time (PT) Zone by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to 848 N. Rainbow Blvd., Suite 2890, Las Vegas, Nevada 89107, USA. (Residents of Vermont need not supply postage.)